Our school meals follow a healthy eating policy and are produced freshly every day in our school kitchen. Our cook uses only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
You can view north Yorkshires school meals food policy here (pdf / 110 KB).
Children who are in EYFS and Key stage (Reception, Year 1 and Year 2) are entitled to a Universal free school meal.
For Key Stage Two pupils (years 3, 4, 5 and 6) there is a charge for school dinners and they cost £2.75 per day.
We ask parents to pre order their child’s lunch options for the current term. Available each day is the main meal option / vegetarian option / jacket potato / sandwich. Children may also bring in a packed lunch.
Our school dinner menus can be accessed by the link below.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to pupils whose parents are in receipt of certain benefits.
To qualify, a parent/guardian must fulfil one of the following criteria (with effect from 01 April 2018):
Parents or carers who have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 may qualify for Universal Credit.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Welfare Team – CYPS
31-33 Victoria Avenue
Tel: 01609 533405